The Oly Mountain Boys play bluegrass with high-energy drive and a Pacific Northwest bent, mixing traditional tunes with revolutionary original bluegrass compositions. By combining picking prowess with tight three-part vocal harmonies, the band aims to showcase the power and appeal of a truly American musical form.
- Voted "Best Bluegrass Band" in Weekly Volcano's Best of Olympia 2015
- Bluegrass concept album White Horse voted among the Top Ten Northwest Albums of 2014
We just wrapped up a huge celebration of Rhythm and Rye's first year with Hillstomp, plus a night of back-to-back sets at the Capitol Food and Wine Festival and the Olympia Acoustic Festival. And we say, let the festivities continue!
- Tye and Josh, plus special guest Joe Capoccia of the Pine Hearts, are bringing Olympia bluegrass north to Juneau, Alaska to perform at the Alaska Folk Fest!
- Olympia Artswalk will be a blast as always, and more so this year as we get to open for the great Tony Furtado at Rhythm and Rye!
- The Steamboat Stringband Jamboree is now right around the corner! Two days of music from 17 of the very best string bands from the Pacific Northwest playing at the cozy and historic Prosperity Grange Hall in Olympia, WA. When purchased in advance, tickets are $15/person for Friday May 8th, and $20/person for Saturday May 9th (prices are $5 more at the door). More information, including the schedule, the full lineup of bands, and links to pre-purchase your tickets online, at: www.steamboatstringjam.com
- We'll be closing out a special bluegrass showcase on Saturday night at this year's Folklife!
May 7 American Anecdotes, KAOS Radio
May 8-9 Steamboat Stringband Jamboree, Olympia
May 23 Northwest Folklife, Seattle
Jun 5 Sirens, Port Townsend
Jun 6 B Sharp Coffee House, Tacoma